Tuesday, March 5, 2019

A Spell Broken -- ReAwakened

Poets United

This is my first attempt at writing Prose. This Pantry of Prose #1 is the brainchild of
Magaly Guerrero, Poets United.


A Spell Broken

A shadow within mahogany leaves, as one we escaped upward, searching for freedom.  My journey begins again as I am reawakened by the water flowing from beneath earths’ soil.  My desire to move forward and emerge visibly stronger than before was witnessed by a couple enjoying a mid-day drink.

I appeared strange to the couple, my attire spoke of an elegant queen, dressed for an occasion that reminded them of nuptials and love.  My mahogany lace gown, as pristine as the day it all began.  I asked the question, “What day is it?”  Six months have passed and I wonder who has searched for me.

As I walked past the onlookers, in search of the one who stole my heart and encased me within the cement of blood red vines, my thoughts run to and fro thinking and remembering.  Where are you, my betrothed, Blaine?  I am no longer dazed nor confused by the spell you cast.

I shudder to know why your desire to deceive me in such a manner came to this?  I remember our last moments together clearly.  Everything is falling into place, I am no longer confused.  I now know why my best friend failed to appear when I called her.  It’s no coincidence that you appeared when she should have.  I’ve been a fool.

The two people I loved and trusted most, cast me aside as if I was nothing and continued on with their lives as one.

The desire to find and punish diminishes as I realize that I am now free to be who I desire to be.

©Regina Phillips 2019

This Prose is born from a poem published on The Sunday Muse #44

ReAwakened
Photo credit of Emily Soto

Lace, lattice of mahogany leaves entwined
as one to travel upward.

Thoughts of emerging from invisible to visible.

Vibrantly awakened, dazed yet not confused.

A journey continued from days long passed.

Searching to find what was once mine,
in hopes to be the betrothed once more.

Longing, desiring boldly to be...


© Regina Phillips 2019



5 comments:

  1. Betrayal is a cold splash in the heart. What a terrible thing to discover. Then again, like she reasons by the end, some horrors can be rather freeing.

    Dear Regina, I removed the link from a Pantry of Prose because I couldn't tell which option you have chosen. Also, the link took me to your blog and not to the actual story. Please add your choice to the post (1st, 2nd, 3rd?), and you chose any of them, then go ahead and add the direct link to your contribution.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new at writing and posting. I was going with the 1st choice and I was using one of my poems from The Sunday Muse posting. Should I link it back to The Sunday Muse or just Add the Picture and my Poem after the Prose? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this message. I added the link back. For the next prompt, just add a note at the bottom of your post saying the choice . If (like in this one) it was a poem, add the link to your own poem. Does that make sense?

      Delete
  3. I love the message that is born in this Regina! A beautifully crafted story!

    ReplyDelete

Adrift with a Destination

                 Adrift with a Destination The solitude of the sea, alone, but not surrounded by the endless sea of Anemone leaving the like...